Ok, so I started this blog on January 3rd and I'm only getting around to my second post 11 days later! Oh well, I'm a busy mom... or at least that's my excuse!
I joined the the January Knit a Mile Challenge on Ravelry which kicked off on the 5th and I've been working hard to finish some of my WIPs so I could start something new out of my stash for the majority of the yardage required to complete the challenge. I finished Monkey Boy 1's scarf and hat set and he's ecstatic about them. I'm just worried that he'll loose them. This is not a baseless fear seeing as he lost two new hats in December before Christmas holidays. He's been back at school for a week now and both pieces are still around so here's hoping!
On Monday of last week I started a knit soaker for a lady who is looking for someone to make a bunch of soakers for her son to wear over his cloth diapers. I used the Tiny Birds pattern and it knit up super quick. I finished in a day and a half.
So with those projects done I felt like I could start something new out of stash and get going.....there's the snag.... I don't want to work with anything in my stash right now! This totally sucks and I'm frustrated with myself but I'm pushing through this and knitting up a the Cable and Rib Sweater for the princess out of the Debbie Bliss Baby Book. I'm not enamored of the yarn but since I've committed to use up some stash this will have to do.
Now, with all this self restraint and sacrifice I need to have something to look forward to....a reward for being such a disciplined knitter so I've promised myself that when I'm nearing the end of this sweater I'll order some new Knit Picks yarn to make a sweater for DH for his birthday in April AND I'm going to splurge on a set of Harmony interchangeables too! With a reward like that in my future I'd better stop wasting time and get this sweater finished already!
No comments:
Post a Comment