Monday, January 28, 2008

Finished the Sweater!

I am so proud of myself! I have finished the Debbie Bliss Cable and Rib sweater that I was knitting for my Princess! This was my first completed cable project and I attribute my success to learning to work the cables without an extra cable needle. I've attempted to knit various projects with cables in them in the past and have frogged all of them. This has nothing to do with the difficulty of the projects but everything to do with my irritation at that extra silly little needle! I still have a few ends to weave in and it needs to be blocked but it's done enough for me to be excited.

I'm trying to figure out what to make next. I would really like to make something for me since most of my knitting ends up being for other people. I'm thinking I might make up some of Eunny Jang's Endpaper fingerless gloves out of some Knit Picks Shine sport that I got off of someone on Ravelry. I know they are supposed to be done in a fingering weight yarn but I think I can pull it of alright without having to tinker too much with the chart. These would make some great driving gloves as the weather slowly gets warmer.
I've got a total block about what else to cast on for right now. I plan to knit a sweater (Sampo) for my DH for his birthday in April but I haven't even ordered the yarn yet. Must get on that or it won't be ready until next birthday! I'll be doing it in Knit Picks Tellemark, which is the suggested yarn, in squirrel heather which is a nice soft gray. I'm looking forward to this one and I must get that order placed!

No comments: